Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sleepless Scrapper

Lately, I've been having trouble sleeping. I don't know why...does this just happen as you age or do I just have too much on my mind? If anyone has any suggestions on how I can get some much needed R.E.M sleep, please let me know.

So, lastnight I was extremely tired but, I set out to pick paper and embellishments for three spreads I have printed pictures for so I could take it all with me to Philly this weekend. I already had patterned paper picked out for the "Funny Face" spread you see below, but I needed to pick coordinating colors to go with it. Brown was an obvious choice for this patterned paper, but I needed another color to make it all pop. Deborah recently completed a spread using this paper and I didn't want to use the same color combinations she used. She added brown, red, blue and white (flower embellishment).
As you can see, I didn't just pick paper I finished the whole damn spread... I know, I know...I kept telling my self as I was doing it to put everything away and go to bed...my body was begging me to go to bed, but I was on a roll and just wanted to finish.



As you can see I also picked brown and blue but added yellow for the pop effect. I also did something on this spread I never thought of doing before, but it just came to me while working on this spread. The letters are the Sizzix Funky Brush die-cut. I cut the letters out in both blue and yellow and layered the yellow over the blue for a shadow effect. I'm not sure you can tell from this picture though. Maybe I will take a close up and post it later. I know, I covered up alot of the patterned paper but the words on the paper can still be read.
The journaling reads:
These pictures show Lenny’s funny side. He’s just a BIG KID at heart. He is so cute and loveable. I took most of these photos and he took the one of himself where he is holding his hand up to cover his face from me. I really love these close up pictures of him being silly…it showcases the playful side of his personality. We compliment each other very well and we always have so much fun together, no matter what we are doing. This is just one of the many sides of Lenny I love.

1 comment:

Deborah-- said...

Very nice and I love how you tried not to use the same color combos as mine. Just as the red made mine pop the yellow does the same for you. I love how the spread turned out for you. Darn, I forgot to make that CD for you to help you sleep. Sweetie, I just think you have alot going on right now and your mind is just having trouble shutting down. I think once you get back into the gym that might help. Have a great weekend! Look forward to seeing the spreads you complete. You go girl!