Monday, September 10, 2007

Some Scrap Pages for My Sis

My sister Shannon, asked me if I could do two scrapbook spreads for her birthday and some girls night out pictures she took of her and her girlfriends. At the time, I was glad to work on these pictures because I was running low on pictures of my own to scrap. She wanted these spreads to be framed to display in her home, so I picked up some 12x12 frames from A.C. Moore for her. While at A.C. Moore I looked for some paper specifically for this spread. She had not yet sent me the pictures but she did tell me the color dress she was wearing in the pictures. For the Girls night out pictures, which I titiled "Hot Mamas", she told me she was wearing a grey dress. I found this pretty dark grey paper with light gray flowers that I thought would work perfectly. Then I found some girls night out pink and grey sticker embellishments that matched well with the gray paper and thus picked pink as my complementary color for the grey.




I know it's hard to read the sticker, but it just a definition for the word friendship.


So, since she was wearing green in her birthday pics, I chose green for the base paper, which also had brown in the pattern of the paper so I also used brown and added red and white to make it all pop.




I used the CTMH clear rubber stamp for the word friendship on the second page of this spread but it got a little smudged and I also used some on my flourish stamps on this page but the white ink didn't show up well on the green paper. Overall, though I'am happy with how theses two spreads turned out.

No comments: