Monday, September 10, 2007

Late Summer in Central Park

So, this weekend I decided to walk to Central Park for three reasons. First, it was a gorgeous day, second I thought I could get some nice pictures that I could use in a spread, and lastly I could work some excercise in by walking to and around the park. After, I walked around for 3 hours snapping pictures here and there and and enjoying the beautiful weather, I decided to walk over to bloomingdales to try out this frozen yogurt I've been reading about online. Apparently, there is this cafe called 40 Carrots and they serve the most amazingly delicious frozen yogurt. At least from what I've been reading on this blog. So, since I was in the area, and needed a cool treat, I decided to try it. I got the plain vanilla frozen yogurt with fresh strawberries. It was delicious and hit the spot. Anyway, getting back to my spread you see below, titled, "Late Summer in Central Park". I kinda made a booboo on this spread and tried to fix it. Hopefully you don't think it looks as bad as I do. I am my worst critic you know. See if you can tell what the booboo was and let me know how bad you think it looks...lol









I used alot of inking on this spread. I really like how inking the edge of paper looks. I makes it have a more defined, stand out look and in this spread gives that destressed antique feel which this patterned paper had to begin with. For the Sun, I cut out the circle and then drew with a pencil the rays and then cut it out by hand.
Other than my booboo, I do like how this spread turned out. I should like it though... I spent a lot of time on this one. I don't know... for some reason, some spreads take hours and then sometimes you just breeze through a couple spreads in one day. Not this time though...this was the only spread completed this weekend. I hoped to at least do one more that I already have pictures printed for. Oh well, maybe I will have time this week to bust one out really quick, who knows.

6 comments:

Deborah-- said...

Hmmmm. I think overall the layout is very pretty. I love the colors and you got some great shots. As for the booboo, I'm not sure. It's hard to see from the picture size. It's 1 of 2 things. 1)You dropped your brown ink pad on your paper and placed the sun over it to hide it or 2) The dragonfly is taking a nosedive into the flowers. Hehe

Lisa Rae said...

You almost got it...Well what really happened is, I stamped the words "Late Summer in" on the green paper, but the brown didn't show up well on the green paper. I figured the brown ink would show up better on the lighter paper and got the idea to use the sun to cover up what I already stamped, but the sun fell a bit short in covering up my booboo. The S and R in Summer was still visable. I didn't have more of that green paper to cover it completeley, so I smudged the ink and tried to make it look like it was rays comming from the sun...I know it was a poor attempt but I was desperate and very tired.

Mary Beth said...

It's not a poor attempt, it's a creative accident/opportunity! I had a hard time figuring out what was wrong, so you did an awesome job "fixing" it. You could take the ink & continue smuding the paper all in that top corner if it still looks less than uniform. But, that said,I think it's no biggy 'cause I would never have noticed without your saying so.

Anonymous said...

I think it look soooooo nice. what a nice day you had. i'm loving your pages girl..

Anonymous said...

I think it look soooooo nice. what a nice day you had. i'm loving your pages girl..

Michele Kovack said...

I don't see one thing wrong in this LO! IT has great pictures and lovely accents!