Monday, September 24, 2007

Two Spreads Completed This Weekend

This weekend I managed to complete two spreads. Deb and I met up early Saturday morning for a trip to A.C. Moore. Luckily we started out early because the trains were running on different tracks causing delays. We did fine though. At A.C. Moore I didn't do too much damage. I purchashed a few sheets of patterned paper and the See D's 30 color stamp pad set which includes 15 brush markers as well. So I'm all set with every color I might need to use for my stamps.

When we got back to Queens we stopped at the store to pick up the ingredients I needed to make dinner for us. I made whole wheat rigatoni with a turkey meat sauce and Zucchini. It turned out delicious. Anyway, here are the spreads I was able to complete. The first one is "Art of Observation" with the pictures I took at the Philedelphia Museum of Art. I used my new Sizzix Ellison design Tootsie die-cut. I purchased at a cool 80% off. I also purchased another Sizzix die-cut called Block Party that I used on the second spread, "Steam Pipe Explosion".




Art of Observation Journaling reads:
We had so much fun together looking at all the beautiful pieces of art. Lenny felt particularly proud of the way he gave his perspective when asked by a fellow art observer what his opinion was. He was asked, in his opinion, did he think the woman portrayed in a particular scene (not pictured) was murdered or was she simply sleeping. Lenny carefully observed that the woman did appear to be a bit pale, in which case she could be dead. On the other hand, he said, she looked so peaceful in the way she was laying that it is a possibility that she could be sleeping. Lenny was so proud of the way in which he was able to hold his own among fellow art enthusiasts. Lenny also enjoyed viewing the Arms and Armor section. Pictured here are some of what both he and I enjoyed.







Steam Pipe Explosion Journaling reads:
When the steam pipe explosion happened on July 18, 2007 during rush hour near 41st Street and Lexington Avenue, I was home. I live about 5 blocks away. I remember just having my new energy efficient air conditioner installed. I had the television on and all of a sudden the TV went off. I turned the air-conditioner off as well because I thought it was my usual electricity problems that happen every summer when people are using more energy. When I turned it off I heard this noise and something told me to look out the window. I saw crowds of people running up Lexington toward me and I was so scared because I had no idea why they were running. I called my sister and she said to go downstairs to my lobby and try to find out what was going on. What I found out from a lady who was visibly shaken was that there was an explosion at Grand Central. My first thought was obviously terrorism, but after a few more minutes I found out it was a steam pipe explosion. I live on the top floor in my building and was able to go onto the roof and get these pictures.

No comments: