Thursday, September 27, 2007

Gift Scrap Page


My friend Sylvia recently sent me the second picture in this layout. It is a picture of Sylvia's daughter with her new family celebrating her daughter's first birthday. I thought is was a really nice picture and then remembered the picture that Sylvia sent to me one year ago when her daughter Flor Maria was pregnant. This picture was taken at her baby shower and she is pictured here with her younger sister Melissa. I thought these two pictures would make a great layout and would be a great gift to give to her. I worked on this lastnight after work. It didn't take too much time at all...then again it is only one page. I will buy a frame for this before I give it to her.
I love how this turned out it's pretty simple but I love that. I used my new Tootsie die-cut from Sizzix and I also used one of my new See D's stamps. I stamped a piece of white cardstock and then cut around the design and adhered it to my layout. I put a bunch of brads in the middle of the large flower. I think it looks pretty cool...I have never tried that before. Another thing I have never done is use the ribbon the way I did here. I looped a small piece of pink ribbon and added a brad to it. Then put one on the edge of each picture. I love how this layout turned out. I hope she likes it too.

3 comments:

Deborah-- said...

Very pretty. You are just all about doing new things. Good! I'm sure she will love it.

Anonymous said...

wow.. she got preggers and had a baby already.. wooweee.. it looks really great Lisa.

Mary Beth said...

Sometimes it's gifts like this one that really say I love you. It is so pretty. You're getting quite good at pulling papers that compilment the photos well. I love the stamped design on another paper color that's outline cut. It looks very cool. I have done the brad through the ribbon thing & it is always a nice touch, especially when no other embellishments are around.