Monday, April 7, 2008

A Scrapping Weekend

I was able to complete two spreads this weekend and I am pretty happy with how they both turned out. The "Eggs to Dye for" spread took longer than I had hoped because I originally had completely different paper picked out. I just kept starring at it trying to figure out how I would lay everything out. It just wasn't working with the patterned paper I had so I changed to a solid color and all of a sudden things started working out. For the eggs on this spread I actually used MS Word's clip art to print out those easter eggs onto picture paper since I didn't have any easter egg stickers or embelishments.

I love how the "Sunday Brunch" spread turned out. I think the wood paper works well with these photos especially because of the wood burning fire place at this very small place. I also think I sort of captured the feel of sunday brunch on this spread with the polka dot paper and the swirly ribbon. It sort of reminds me of old tablecloth or something.















1 comment:

Deborah-- said...

Awesome job on the spreads! I love the paper you picked out for the Sunday Brunch. It definitely brings in the cozy feel of the restaurant. Cute how you made little hanging pictures too.

Smart idea for the clip art egss. Printing them on photopaper gives them a little distinction and also the art itself makes the egss look 3 dimensional.

You keep going girl! I am so behind.