Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Knit 2, Purl 2



Ok, so here it finally is after many failed attempts this weekend of the ribbing assignment Deborah gave me. The instructions from Deborah were to cast on 20 stitches and knit two stitches and purl two stitches and repeat for the first row. The second row started with Purl two, then knit two. As I was doing this I knew I was doing something wrong. It just didn't look right so I kept ripping it out and starting all over again. I read a Knitting Basics book which had great pictures and I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. It's kinda hard to explain, but I emailed Deborah about my problem and asked her if I had the instructions she gave me over the phone right. She changed the amount of stitches to 22 stiches. So since I had figured out my problem, I was all set lastnight to cast on the 22 stitches and finally get somewhere with this ribbing assignment. This picture is where I was lastnight before going to bed. It's 21 rows.

4 comments:

Deborah-- said...

Looks good. Sorry about giving you the wrong info on the phone last Friday. Wasn't thinking clearly, but at least you used your resources available to you to figure it out. Good for you!! Can't wait to see it on Friday. I can only imagine how many rows you'll have done. Pretty yarn you picked out. What is it?

Lisa Rae said...

The yarn is Patons 100% wool. You said to get a light color and Michael's didn't have many options. There was definately alot of acrylic yarn. So I went with this natural color.

Mary Beth said...

Woohoo! That is lookin' fine! Good job on figuring out hte problem. 1st step to being an excellent knitter is seeing a problem, being willing to rip it out, then finding a solution. Kudo's to you. BTW, nice yarn picking...no ack-rylic :*)

Mary Beth said...

Also, nice tension on this one!