Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Some Christmas Knitting

My knitting teacher, Deborah had the great idea of knitting christmas gifts for my nieces and nephews this year since money is tight. She was so kind to donate some yarn from her stash for these projects as well so all I have to do is knit, knit, knit so I can complete everything before christmas. Thank you Deb your the best! I don't know how I'm going to do it all but she seems to have faith in me. We will see how it goes. As you can see from the pictures below this is my progress so far. Iam working on a ribbed scarf for one of my nephews and a hat for my niece. I have a long way to go but with Deb's help I'm sure I will get there. We are meeting up on Thursdays after work for knitting.






4 comments:

Deborah-- said...

Live, eat, breath knitting between now and Christmas! Nice to see those pics. I am going to assume the hat pic is at 2 inches and the scarf will be longer by Thursday? See you tomorrow!

Mary Beth said...

Hey, your scarf looks so even! My first couple of scarves were wider at the ends than the middles. I had tension issues. You on the other hand, are knitting up with consistant tension. It'll all start to knit up quickly. The more "into" the projects you get, the quicker they work up. Kudos to you & your teacher. You show off for her as a good student. LOL

Lisa Rae said...

Actually Mary beth, I too have tension issues, but I am getting more consistant with practice. My teacher had me doing small practice knitting projects before she would allow me to work on a real project that would produce something wearable...lol

Deb, I am happy to report that the two inches on the hat are completed and the scarf is a bit longer as I did work on it last night. :o)

Deborah-- said...

[Looking for a tissue to wipe the tears from my eyes][sniffle sniffle] I'm so proud!