Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Baking and Knitting

This weekend Deborah and I had our 2nd Annual Christmas Cookie Baking Day. This year we made Oatmeal Raisin, Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Chunk, ...mmm. They were delicious. Well, you know we had to taste test the cookies before we could give them away to our co-workers, friends and family right? We started bright and early in the morning and finished baking and packaging around 5 or 6pm. In between baking we were knitting. It was a long day, but we had fun.











Here I am in the hat I Knitted for my niece. It's not completely done. Deborah still has to help me seam it up and weave in the ends. I just pinned it in the back so I could take a picture in it. I actually adjusted this cap a bit. This cap is knitted flat so as I was knitting it, I wrapped it around my head to see how it fit. It was about 5" in length from bottom to top. The instructions said to work the 8 row pattern stitch for a total of 6 repeats until the piece measures approx. 5 1/2" . I had completed four full pattern repeats and 6 rows of the 5th repeat when I wrapped the cap around my head and it measured 5". The cap came up to almost the top of my head. I didn't want the cap to have alot of room at the top. I wanted it to fit snug and since my neice is smaller than me I made the decision (without my teacher's knowledge...sorry Deb :0)) to skip pattern repeat 5 and 6 and start the decreases. It turned out fine I think. I photoshop'ed the picture to blur out the background crap in my apt.



2 comments:

Deborah-- said...

Those cookies went so fast! One of my co-workers ate them for breakfast. If I am still in this job next year I have to make more than I did. I didn't have enough to go around.

Don't worry about the hat. I'm sure it's fine. I'll look at it tonight!

Mary Beth said...

Cookies look yummy as they did last year. You guys made a lot of them this year!

You took charge of your own knitting. Way to go! It looks like it fits you darn near perfect, so it'll be adorable on your niece.