Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend FO

For those of you who are not knitters, FO means finished object. I just recently learned that myself. Anyway, yes I do finally have my first ever FO as you can see from the pictures below.

This is my very first hat. I made it for my youngest niece Mia. Hopefully it will fit her. If not I can always make her another hat. Here is the hat when I switched to the double-sided needles. It took me a while to wrap my mind around how I was actually going to do this but, I was patient and figered it out in the end.









This weekend I visited my friend who lives upstate in Willow, NY and we went to a Christmas Tree Farm where you pick and cut your own chistmas tree. We were in the holiday spirt as we walked around to find the perfect christmas tree. We both picked the same christmas tree at the same time. It sure didn't take as long as I thought it would. Another thing that did not take as long as I thought it would was cutting that tree down with a hacksaw. I did however, have experience with a hacksaw...remember Debrorah? Anyway we cut the tree down and carried it to the area where they wrap it up for you, then we carried it all the way back to the car to tie it to the top of the car. Boy did we both wake up sore the next day...lol. Anyway I had a great weekend.
Here is Pat after we spotted the perfect tree.



Me with the Hacksaw...




Here is the tree once we set it up in her house. Unfortunately we did not have time to decorate it. We were pooped...plus I was busy knitting and she was busy making us dinner.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

arrr. pat looks geat!!! what a fun thing to do and gets you in the holiday mood. Love the tree!!!

Deborah-- said...

Awww looks at the pretty hat. Job well done. Glad you figured out the double-POINTED neeles. Did you weave in your ends or are you waiting until Thursday.

Christmas tree looks pretty and yes you qualified to operate that hacksaw!

Lisa Rae said...

Nope. I did not weave in my ends. I don't know how to do that, so I'm waiting until Thursday so you can show me.

Mary Beth said...

First, You are the woMAN! Who needs the man here? Certainly not you. I just was looking at the hacksaw pics of you @ Deb's. Who would of thought the experience would be so useful? Pretty tree.

Second, that hat turned out just too darn cute! Awesome job. So proud.