Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter...Mmmm Banana Cake

This Easter I went over to my sisters for Easter dinner and some Easter fun with the kids. I had alot of fun with my neices and nephews dying the easter eggs. Here we are showing off their works of art.
















We also had a scavenger hunt. My sister and I carefully hid the plastic eggs with hersheys kissess and other treats contained inside the eggs all around the house. The kids had so much fun finding the eggs and the winner was jordan who was able to find 25 eggs...he won $5 bucks.

The hunt is On! Find as many eggs as you can...

Jason finds some in a bush...



Alicia jumps up to reach the egg on the window sil...



Mia finds one...



Jason gets to one before Jordan...



Everyone Count your Eggs!

Mia 15 Eggs

Alicia Finds 22 eggs

Jason 15 eggs

The winner...Jordan with 25 Eggs

For Easter dinner my sister asked me to make a cake for dessert. I asked her what kind and she said she didn't care, it was up to me. First I thought of making carrot cake, it seemed appropriate for the easter bunnies. Then while speaking to my boyfriend about it he gave me the idea for banana cake. I haven't had banana cake in such a long time and I do have fond memories of the banana cake I made while in camp years ago. I remember having to triple the recipie and do all the math to figure out the correct measurements. So banana cake with cream cheese frosting it was. This cake came out so good. It was extremely moist and oh so delicious. Tastes really good with coffee, tea or a cold glass of milk.

My sister decided to do what I usually do and take pictures of me making the banana cake. I got to use this Kitchen-Aid mixer we borrowed from my sisters neighbor downstairs. I loved using this mixer it made my job much easier. I have wanted one of these mixers since I was a little girl. One day I will get one.








Saturday I went over to Deborah's so she could help me with my Odessa hat problem. Weeks ago I put down this hat because I did something wrong...I don't know what I did but I didn't want to mess it up further so I put it down and had not touched it. Deborah was able to get me back on track and hopefully I will finish this hat soon and post updated pictures. I also started a fingerless glove with Koigu yarn. This is my first glove and I find it a bit difficult working with double pointed needles but otherwise so for so good.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice easter you had. Its great spending time with family especially when there are kids arounds. how big they are getting too! the cake looks good. I made a red velvet cake myself. it came out good but looked a bit weird. .LOL.. great pics

Mary Beth said...

That is a cool Koigu colorway. The Easter shabang looked like a blast. I wished we had scratch & sniff/ lickable computer monitors to take a taste of cake. Umm, umm.

Deborah-- said...

I was thinking to myself yesterday whether or not we were going to see a post with the cake in it. I had extended my holiday weekend an extra day on Monday so I didn't check any blogs. The cake looks oh so yummy and the egg hunt so much fun!