Monday, March 10, 2008

The First Spreads in My 2008 Scrapbook Album

Here are the first entries into my 2008 scrapbook album completed this weekend. The first titled "Snow Day" includes the pictures I took the day we got the first real accumulation of snow in the city. Unfortunately, it was a work day so I took these pictures on my walk into work.

This spread took me so long to complete for some reason, but usually the ones that take some time turn out really well. Iam very happy with the way this turned out. I originally had completely different colors picked out. The color scheme I originally had was brown and white (which I kept) with a dark pink and a light mint green patterned paper. It looked nice although I didn't have enough of the pink paper and the colors weren't really cold snowy type colors so I changed it to this ice blue colored patterned paper from my old world paper pack. All-in-all it turned out well in the end.


The second spread includes the pictures I took on my niece Mia's 3rd birthday. She is getting so big and she is very mature for her age. This is a pretty simple spread. I printed all the pictures the same size and just ran them across the page. Since the Snow Day spread took me so long, I opted for super simple on this spread.


2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

The Three page is cute & to the point. I like your ribbon. I have never amde bows on my pages. I like the femine touch it adds. The Snow Day page is great. You captured the cold feeling & used just the right dash of embellishments. I like the sparkly tag on the Title corner as well as the variety of fonts all together. I'll have to scraplift this one. :)

Deborah-- said...

Look at you! At least someone is getting some scrapping done. I reallu love the Snow Spread. The color choices are perfect. Like the touch of sparkle the snowflakes bring to the pages.

Hmmmm, looks like that birthday cake got devoured. Thank goodness you took a picture before the writing got eaten!