Friday, February 22, 2008

Let it Snow...and Project Updates

I have been wanting to capture some pictures of the winter snow, but since mother nature decided to snow on a workday instead of the weekend, which would have been more convienient for me to trek out to Central Park to take some really nice shots of fresh snow, I decided to capture my walk to work in this morning. So here you go...


















In scrapbooking news, I have been working on a 8x8 gift scrapbook album to give to Lenny, that includes pictures of some of the things we did together during our first year together. I had the chance to get about 5 spreads done this past President's weekend. I took advantage of the three day weekend. So here are some pics of the spreads I have done so far.

Here is the album itself. It opens like two doors from the middle and is secured closed by magnets.


Below are all the spreads completed thus far.
















Odessa Hat Update. I haven't had much time to knit, otherwise this hat would probably already be complete by now. After finishing the one inch ribbing I began the Odessa hat pattern which is pretty simple. I had a felling I was doing something wrong after after rows. I either had to be doing the yarn over (yo) or the slip, slip, knit (ssk) wrong. I have done both of these before but obviously Im getting old because I forgot what I learned. I found a video online of someone demonstrating how to do both techniques and was able to easily fix my problem without bothering my teacher. So here is where I am so far. I have about an inch and a half to go before I have to start the decreases. Looks good so far and it is a simple pattern despite my short term memory loss...lol.






Oh and here is my valentine's day gift delivered to my job from my sweet valentine.




2 comments:

Deborah-- said...

The snow was something wasn't it? I was very surprised when I looked out my front door. Even though I did venture out in it I didn't take any pictures. I just wanted to get what I had to do done and get back home where it was warm.

The spreads look awesome. Great job. I know he will appreciate it very much.

Congrats on figuring out your own knitting issues. I am glad to see you are using all resources available to you. You are becoming more self sufficient with your knitting. The hat is going to be awesome. I love the color!

Mary Beth said...

A jamb packed post here. I miss snow & love seeing everyone's pics. The gift album is turning out hot,hot,hot. LOL! Odessa is so pretty. You are on your way to independent knitting. Checkin' out tutorials.Smart girl. Awesome flowers. I got roses too.