Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Six Hats in about Six Months

Since late September early October I have completed 6 hats. The latest hat to come off my needles is the Basic Hat in Patons 100% wool in a olive green color. Basically, this hat is pretty simple; however, in me thinking this hat was so simple, I underestimated the fact that no matter how simple something is you can always mess it up. I ended up having to fix at least three times, a slipped stitch a twisted stitch or something...Im new to knitting and although I don't know what was exactly wrong when I did encounter a mistake, I was always able to at least recognize that there was something wrong. I just starred at the problem for as long as I needed to in order to be able to try and figure out how to fix the mistake. Eventually I was successful and able to move forward and complete the hat. At times though, I thought I would just have to wait and have Deborah fix it for me but I just kept trying and was able to fix the problem myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LISA,

your doing amazing on your knitting!!! show some more of your scrapbooking.. i like to them them too!! lOLOL>.

Deborah-- said...

Ahhh. If you could just know exactly how proud I am of you for fixing your mistakes! My awesome student has progressed so well. You are definitely getting a hat collection like some people do with socks! Hee hee. The hat looks great and I can wait to check it out in person. Gotta evaluate your mistake fixing but I am sure it's just fine. Congrats on knitting for 6 months straight now!

Mary Beth said...

Self sufficiency! You're almost weaned now. So sad to see our children grow-up & move on.