Monday, February 11, 2008

Mmmm.... Brownies

This weekend I made some valentines day inspired brownies. These are raspberry cheesecake swirl brownies. I got the idea to make these brownies from reading one of the many food blogs I read occasionally. I can't remember which one at the moment though. In any case, Friday night I was watching the Food Network and guess what... Alton Brown was making brownies. Wow, how did he know I was thinking about making brownies? I watched him make his recipe and it seemed simple enough so I decided to use his recipe. Iam a visual person so I pick things up faster if I see someone do it first. All I did was add the raspberry creamcheese swirl to turn these brownies into valentine brownies. They came out delicious....very chocolatey.

mmm...so rich and silky smooth



Don't they look pretty?



Nice n thick...so so so goood



I know you want a piece....


In other news, I also visited a yarn shop which happens to be in my old neighborhood and since I was in the neighboorhood on Saturday at my sister's place making the brownies, I decided to check it out on my way home. Downtown Yarns is located at 45 Avenue A between 3rd and 4th Streets. It's a cute little shop and the people running the shop were very friendly and helpful.



Here are some pictures I got of the shop for your viewing pleasure. They were so nice the even
balled the koigu for me for free and gave me a free fingerless glove pattern.


I bought some Koigu for the fingerless gloves I want to make and I bought some Zara extra fine merino in a chocolate brown for the Odessa hat.


Koigu

I was able to cast on for this hat on Sunday and have completed the one inch rib so far and started the Odessa hat pattern.

Here is a picture of a completed Odessa hat from Chazari's photos. This is the picture that made me want to make this hat, so back in December, I left a comment, asking her for the pattern and she recently emailed all those who left comments, the pattern. Which is available here.





Needless to say I had a full weekend. Hope everyone also had a great weekend.

5 comments:

Deborah-- said...

So tell me, how many points are those brownies? Yum Yum. You know I would have a piece.

I have never been to Dowtown Yarn. I have heard of it but never went. I'll have to go sometime and pay a little ol' visit.

Glad you did some yarn shopping on your own. That hat is going to be very cool!

Lisa Rae said...

I don't know how many points these brownies are...but I wouldn't even want to know. They are sooooo gooood...mmm. A little goes a long way.

Deborah-- said...

Oh my goodness. Then I would defniitely have to stay away from those babies. You know me and chocolate. A little is not enough for me. LOL

Mary Beth said...

I WANT THOSE BROWNIES! Ok I am good. I was having a moment there. Send me the recipe & it'll all be fine.

Downtown Yarn looks like it belongs in Canada. Cute shop. I want to go. Hello Deborah. Can you say itinerary?

Awesome hat! I can't wait to see yours all done up.

Deborah-- said...

Yes MB I am listening. I'll add it to our itinerary. Now you just get those tickets to get your behind up here. LOL