Monday, February 4, 2008

Newsboy Cap Complete

Here I am proudly wearing my Newsboy Cap that I completed on Saturday with Deborah's guidance of course. Thanks Deb! I knitted an extra round of the stitch pattern which makes my hat a bit longer so it had room to sort of flop over a bit instead of being more fitted like Deborah's hat. I like how it turned out and I think it looks pretty good on me if I do say so myself...toot toot.






Again, this was my first time learning a few techniques. First, cabeling, which is not as intimadating as it may sound or look. I found it to be very simple once I got the feel for it. It's always a bit akward when you first try something new like this. It just takes a little time to get comfortable with the way you hold the needles. I also learned how to increase (M1) and how to pick up stitches for the brim in this case. That to me was the most challenging of all but as I kept doing it it wasn't so bad. Although, if I have to do it again for a future project Iam sure I will be calling on Deborah for a refresher...lol










3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

EEEEYOUWZA! That is soooohot! How long you been knitting???? Lisa, you can wear that proudly. It screams handmade (aka skilled/ professional) not homemade(crapola.) Picking up sts takes a few go rounds before you can do it w/out a refresher, but you just stick that needle in & act like you know what you're doing & then all's good! I like the "floppier" rendition. I'm glad I haven't started mine yet. I can do the same adjustment. See even I can pick up a tip or two from a knitting "newbie" :)

Lisa Rae said...

Well, Mary beth Iam not exactly sure how long I have been knitting because I had picked knitting up twice and stopped for a while. This time though, ever since I have had Deb as my teacher I have been steady knitting since September 2007. Thanks so much for all the props (compliments) It means alot coming from an experienced knitted such as yourself. Yay! Iam glad I could inspire you to do the "floppier" rendition. Very Cool!

Deborah-- said...

Fantastic job on the hat! You should be very proud of yourself. I knew you'd be able to take it home and finish it without my help.